Before you call the Unemployment Claims Center...
Call volumes at Unemployment Claims Center are very high - the best way to file for benefits or to find out the status of your claim is to use the online services links below. To reach the Unemployment Claims Center by phone, call 1-800-593-7660 between 8:00 AM and 4:45 PM Monday through Friday. Please keep in mind that Mondays are high call volume days with 20-30 minute wait times. Wait times drop significantly later in the week.
- Unemployment Claims Center: 1-800-593-7660
- Other unemployment contacts
- 8/14/2014: Rapid Response Session Scheduled for Workers Affected by Old Town Fuel & Fiber Furlough
- 8/13/2014: Notice of Rulemaking: DOL 12-597, “Rules Governing Implementation of the Trade Adjustment Assistance Program”
Unemployment Programs Available in Maine
- State Unemployment Insurance (UI) - for workers who have lost their job for reasons beyond their control.
- Workshare - for workers at qualified businesses experiencing a temporary slowdown in work.
- Other special programs - for workers laid-off from the military or Federal Government, people who lost their jobs due to foreign trade and natural disasters, and laid-off workers enrolled in training.