Journals & law reviews
See our Collections page for information specific to the Law Library
science, technology and business library - A portal to science, technology and business information
resources of particular interest to Maine researchers and
businesses, government agencies and officials, teachers and
students, and libraries. Funded by the Legislature and available to
residents of Maine.
Virtual Library" - A
collection of of EBSCO research databases available to
residents of Maine. Part of the Maine InfoNet Project.
Law Libraries - Directory page with links to US and some
Canadian law library catalogs.
- A service of InfoNet. Includes a combined
statewide catalog that includes URSUS and Minerva participants and the catalogs of Bates, Bowdoin, and
Colby, Portland Public, Maine College of Art, Maine Maritime,
University of New England.
Minerva - The "Maine Info Net Electronic Resources via
Automation" . . . a single resource built from online catalogs of a
growing list of Maine libraries, including public, academic, medical, and special libraries.
Included in Maine InfoNet.
- SOLAR - "Statewide Online Lending and Requesting" is a
service of the Maine State Library. Includes the collections
of some Maine public and special libraries not included in URSUS or
Minerva. Titles in SOLAR are also searchable in the InfoNet catalog
URSUS - A shared catalog that includes the holdings of the Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, the libraries of the University of Maine System including the School of Law, the Maine State Library, and Bangor Public Library.
- WorldCat - The world's largest network of library content and services.
and law reviews
- American Law Sources On-Line - Alphabetical list of links that includes journals published only on the Internet.
- ELS Bibliography - A bibliographic database, of empirical legal studies and scholarship, created jointly by UCLA and Cornell. The database is searchable by author, title and subjects and can be limited to specific years. Content includes bibliographic data (not full-text) for articles published predominantly after 2004.
- FindLaw - Topical list of links to academic law reviews and journals with a link to a list by institution.
- Hieros Gamos
Alphabetical list of links to law journals, newsletters, and bulletins.
Governing Magazine - Search screens for full editorial content of Governing Magazine or selected articles with news and web-only features.
Hein Online Law Journal Library (passworded subscription) - The Law Journal Library in HeinOnline is a collection of more than 1,100 law and law- related periodicals. Coverage is from the first issue published for all periodicals and goes through the most current issue allowed, based on contracts with publishers. Searching can be done by title or author name, as well as full-text searching of the collection or select periodicals. This resource is only available only to our users within the Law Library.
- Internet Legal Resource Guide - Alphabetical list of links to law journals and publications. Some links are broken or outdated but many titles are still available.
LegalTrac - The Law Library subscribes to LegalTrac and makes it available at the computers on our network in the library. LegalTrac provides access to citations from major legal publications, including some newspapers, and many articles are provided in full text PDF format . LegalTrac is updated daily with coverage starting from 1980.
- Legisbrief Index
- Index to issue briefs published by the National Conference of State Legislatures created by the Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library and updated as issues are received
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library's Periodicals List
University Law Review Project - Full text search of law review articles on the Internet.
- Full text search with alphabetical list of law review links.