- About the State House - Learn more about Maine's most capitol building - it's history, events and features.
- Compendium of Fiscal Information -
Summary of the most important Maine state government fiscal information. This
page links to the most current Compendium.
- Facts about Maine- Link to Maine information in a website of all the 50-states.
Facts about Maine
- State symbols, motto, seal, and song; facts about the governor, capitol and
Constitution at Maine's official website.
Office of Tourism -
The official state tourism website.
Maine State Documents - Browse digital state documents by state agency, a list of the most recently added, or view the top 10 downloads. There is also a search function.
State Government Electronic Directories- Search for contact information for state agencies and personnel.
- State and County Quickfacts (U.S. Census Bureau) - Statistics for Maine population, business, and geography with U.S. figures for comparison.
- State of Maine Official Website -
Links to governmental, educational, and business sites as well as governmental
Right to Know : the Maine Freedom of Access Act
(FOAA) - Links to the actual law, contacts, how to make a request under the FOAA,
Frequently Asked Questions, and a table of statutory exemptions.
the House and Senate Chambers and the Appropriations Committee.
Find Your Legislator by searching your address.
(See Top Online Services section for link to "Voter Information Lookup Service")
- Finding Your Representative
- List of Maine representatives and senators by town.
- History of Indian Legislative Representatives - A brief history of Penobscot and Passamaquoddy tribal representation in the Maine Legislature. Maine is the only state legislature to have tribal representatives.
Joint Rules - Text of the rules with a
- Links to online publications produced by various offices.
Legislative Record - Verbatim transcript of debates and proceedings in the House and Senate for each legislative
- Legislators Biographical Database - Service records and party information, from 1820 forwards, maintained by the Law Library. Searchable by town of residence or surname.
- Legislators Handbook - Reference manual on the legislative process and resources and support services. Click on the appropriate link to access the handbook as a PDF document.
Legislature - Links to the Maine House of Representatives, the Senate, the six Legislative Council staff offices, session information, and audio broadcasts.
Presidents of the Maine Senate
- List of Senate Presidents from 1820 forward.
- Rulings of the Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives 1965- List researched by staff of the Maine State Law and Legislative Library
Speakers of the Maine House of Representatives
- List of Speakers from 1820 forward.
- Agency Index -
Links to pages for Maine State Government agencies.
- Governor's Office - Contact information, cabinet and staff, official documents, initiatives and news links.
- Historical Lists of Maine Officials - Click on one of the following: Attorneys General, Governors, Secretaries of State, Treasurers of State.
Governor's Office - Contact information, cabinet and staff, official documents, initiatives and news links.
Judicial (For cases go to our Court Cases page; for court rules go to the Maine Law page)
Citizen's Guides to the Maine Courts - Court organization, types of cases, trial procedure, juror information, Small Claims, Family Division, Appeals, and more.
- Judicial Branch - Administrative orders, cases, forms, and rules.
- Maine Grand Juries - Links to the Maine Constitution and Statutes regarding grand juries. There is additional general information on state grand juries at this link.
- Supreme Court live oral argument streaming - Listen to oral arguments in real time. Streaming is available only when the court is in session and begins five minurtes before the argument is scheduled to begin. The service is explained, and the player made available, on the page linked above.
- Supreme Judicial Court Justices - List of Chief Justices and Associate Justices from 1820 forward. Compiled by the State of Maine Law and Legislative Reference Library.
The Supreme Judicial Court of the State of Maine, 1820 to 2007 - From Cleaves Law Library, a chronological list of the Chief Justices, including brief biographies and photographs.
- Cities and Towns Online - Links to web sites of Maine municipalities.
Citizen's Guide to Town Meeting (Maine Municipal Association)- Basic questions and answers about town meetings.
Local Government in Maine (Kenneth L. Roberts) - History of local government, forms of government, and a description of how they operate.
- Local Government in Maine (Maine Municipal Association) -Forms of local government, home rule, and property taxes