Maine Emergency Management Agency's Exercise Program provides an avenue for all emergency managers and responders, specialty rescue and support personnel to experience a large complex incident. MEMA provides technical, planning and training support to State, County and Local EMA offices and response agencies. We do this in a number of ways, including telephone support, budget development and meeting facilitation. We also assist in the field in the planning, delivery and evaluation of exercises and training.
After an exercise is complete, the work continues through the After Action Review (AAR) process. We track the improvements that are made in addressing any shortfalls or deficiencies that were demonstrated during the exercise. This may include additional training, targeted drills, follow-up exercises or the revision of the plans that were tested during the exercise.
Additional Exercise Resources
Click on the Plus (+) sign for more detail
MEMA Exercise Policies and Guidance
- Coming Up in the EMA Community ...
- 9/26/2018: USCG Eastport Mass Rescue Tabletop Exercise
- 10/3/2018: Point Lepreau EOC Functional Exercise
- 10/24/2018: Newport Drinking Water Tabletop Exercise
- 8/28/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Psychological First Aid Training
- 8/27/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Basic Public Information Officer Course (G290)
- 8/27/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: Emergency Planning (G235)
- 8/17/2018: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT: All Hazards Communications Technician (COMT)