Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Home > About > Frequently Asked Questions

How do Border Crossing requirements affect Native Americans?


The American Indian Card (Form I-872) is currently a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiatve (WHTI)-compliant document for entry by land or sea.

Customs and Border Patrol (CBP)is currently working with several Native American tribes toward the development of Enhanced Tribal Cards (ETCs), which upon designation by CBP, will be WHTI-compliant documents.

If your question isn't answered here, please contact us.

More Questions