Topics and Presenters Sought for Preparedness Conference
December 6, 2012
The 5th Annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, April 23 and 24, 2013 at the Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, Maine.
Conference organizers are seeking suggestions for workshop topics, and proposals from those interested in conducting workshops at the conference.
I Have an Idea for a Workshop!
Follow the links below to share your ideas or volunteer as a presenter
Workshops are presented at breakout sessions throughout the two days of the conference. The sessions are 60 to 90 minutes long, and include subjects affecting the many audiences at the Conference.
Topics may be presented in a variety of ways. In previous conferences, presentation styles have ranged from "Lessons Learned" from exercises and events, to traditional classroom presentation, to panel discussions with experts in a particular subject.
The Conference is part of the "Maine Prepares" initiative, which focuses on emergency preparedness for a range of audiences.
- Home and Family, including advocates for those with functional and access needs
- Schools, from preschool to university
- Business, large and small
- Communities, encompassing public officials, emergency managers and responders, healthcare providers and administrators and leaders of libraries and cultural institutions.
- Private Non-Profit Organizations, including advocacy groups, volunteer teams and service groups
Some guidelines for topic proposals:
- Topics should address the interests of one or more of the groups referenced above
- Presentations must not feature any promotional content for any commercial enterprise
- No materials promoting the presenter or a particular commercial interest may be distributed or displayed
- Submitters are free to propose more than one topic
- The Conference Committee will review all proposals and may contact submitters for more information. The Committee also reserves the right to solicit presentations through other avenues.
The annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference grew out of the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) popular annual Hazardous Materials (Hazmat) Conference. In the spirit of "all hazard preparedness", in 2009 MEMA expanded this platform to address the full spectrum of hazards in Maine, as well as to involve an even wider circle of public, private and non-profit partners. At the same time the emphasis on Hazardous Materials was maintained for this important segment of our response community. Session materials from previous conferences can be reviewed at the Conference website.
Help make the Fifth Annual the best Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference to date.
Contact:Conference Planning Team
800-452-8735 (in-state) / 207-624-4400