> Tips > Make emergency arrangements for your pets
Make emergency arrangements for your pets
May 27, 2014
Make arrangements for your pets. Prior to an emergency, contact your county or local emergency management office and ask them if there are plans to open pet shelters in an emergency. Have ID, collar, leash and proof of vaccination for all pets. Have current photos of your pets in case they get lost.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- July 29, 2014: Safe boating starts with anticipating the weather
- July 28, 2014: The best things in life are free. Like your emergency plan
- July 27, 2014: Good information is golden
- July 26, 2014: Connect your family with knowledge: it's powerful
- July 25, 2014: If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs ...
- July 24, 2014: Watch your watches and warnings
- July 23, 2014: What needs would you or your family have in an emergency?
- July 22, 2014: Keep a copy of important papers outside your home
- July 21, 2014: Camp securely in a safe tent
- July 20, 2014: Summer sun is warm: make sure it doesn't burn
- July 19, 2014: Hurricane Awareness: Keep your eyes open
- July 18, 2014: Hurricane Awareness: Do you own a boat?
- July 17, 2014: Hurricane Awareness: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- July 16, 2014: Hurricane Awareness: Storm surge is not for surfers
- July 15, 2014: Hurricane Awareness: Is your home at risk?
- July 14, 2014: New England Hurricane Awareness
- July 13, 2014: Make this 13th the Luckiest One so far!
- July 12, 2014: Practice your evacuation route
- July 11, 2014: Life. Unplugged. Ready for three days without power?
- July 10, 2014: Always put campfires out
- July 9, 2014: Are we having a heat wave?
- July 8, 2014: It's hot! Make sure your pets are not.
- July 7, 2014: Check on your neighbors during hot weather
- July 6, 2014: Keep your cool when it's too darn hot!
- July 5, 2014: Use gas grills safely
- July 4, 2014: Make sure it's only the food that gets broiled.
- July 3, 2014: Summer brings barbecues; use grills safely
- July 2, 2014: What's the weather going to be today?
- July 1, 2014: So you think we don't have tornadoes in Maine?
- June 30, 2014: Make sure those alerts keep on coming