> Tips > We've got to start meeting like this
We've got to start meeting like this
April 12, 2014
Pick a place for your family to meet in an emergency. Designate two meeting places. Choose one right outside your home, in case of a sudden household emergency, such as a fire. The second place you choose needs to be outside your neighborhood, in the event that it is not safe to stay near or return to your home.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- September 1, 2014: What does National Preparedness Month mean to you?
- August 31, 2014: Think about how you can help those who've been through disaster
- August 30, 2014: What did you learn from Hurricane Katrina or Sandy?
- August 29, 2014: Today is nine years from Hurricane Katrina
- August 28, 2014: Lightning can hurt you even before it rains
- August 27, 2014: Floods kill people during hurricanes
- August 26, 2014: Storm surge is not for surfers
- August 25, 2014: Ready, set, get out of your house!
- August 24, 2014: Learn how to "turn off" your house
- August 23, 2014: Use anti-flea products for your pets safely
- August 22, 2014: Think green for chemical safety
- August 21, 2014: Keep the Poison Center number handy
- August 20, 2014: Some things should never mix
- August 19, 2014: Are your cupboards poisonous?
- August 18, 2014: Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink
- August 17, 2014: Don't be afraid to tell your kids you're afraid
- August 16, 2014: Watch the news, then turn off the TV
- August 15, 2014: Take control in an emergency
- August 14, 2014: Your emergency plan is all about you
- August 13, 2014: Hunt for hidden hazards
- August 12, 2014: Tune your mind to the Safety Channel
- August 11, 2014: Protect your important papers
- August 10, 2014: Does your phone work when the power goes out?
- August 9, 2014: If it's in your emergency food supply, will your kids eat it?
- August 8, 2014: Practice makes perfect
- August 7, 2014: Asking for help is a sign of independence.
- August 6, 2014: Find out how your town would alert you in an emergency
- August 5, 2014: What does your grandmother know that you don't?
- August 4, 2014: What's in your wallet?
- August 4, 2014: Serve emergency awareness with dinner tonight