> Tips > If it could fall, move it or tie it down
If it could fall, move it or tie it down
October 4, 2013
We don't often have earthquakes in Maine, but when they happen, they can shake us up. Look around your house for heavy pictures that could fall (secure it or move it), objects that could fall off shelves (move them), or a water heater teetering on its blocks (tie it down!)
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- April 18, 2014: Talk to your kids about things that might happen
- April 17, 2014: Help your neighbors weather the storm
- April 16, 2014: Question authority? Please, not during the storm
- April 15, 2014: Check your emergency supplies and family plan
- April 14, 2014: When storms are on the way: stay tuned
- April 13, 2014: This could be your lucky day
- April 12, 2014: We've got to start meeting like this
- April 11, 2014: Go back to school
- April 10, 2014: The best things in life are free
- April 9, 2014: Snacks for your car?
- April 8, 2014: Space blanket -- Bingo!
- April 7, 2014: Ice jams form and break without warning
- April 6, 2014: Unique needs = unique plans
- April 5, 2014: When the river is rising: does everyone hear and understand?
- April 4, 2014: Moms and grandmothers know a lot about emergencies
- April 3, 2014: Back to basics: Stay informed
- April 3, 2014: A flood can wash away your life
- April 1, 2014: Flooding is no April Fool
- March 31, 2014: Rain, rain and more rain
- March 30, 2014: Back to Basics: Where are those phone numbers?
- March 29, 2014: Back to Basics Think about what you have and what you need
- March 28, 2014: Back to Basics: Think about something bad ...
- March 27, 2014: You can help your neighbors by taking care of yourself
- March 26, 2014: Who's picking up the kids in an emergency?
- March 25, 2014: Flood waters + cars = People dying
- March 24, 2014: Always do what you're told (in a flooding emergency)
- March 23, 2014: Stay tuned and stay informed
- March 22, 2014: Is your March Madness bracket already busted?
- March 21, 2014: Knowledge is power, especially in flood season
- March 20, 2014: Donate your clean, useable clothing