> Tips > It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
December 7, 2013
On December 7, 1941, the Naval base at Pearl Harbor, in Hawaii, was attacked without warning. Talk to your friends, neighbors, grandparents, great-grandparents who remember Pearl Harbor, and ask them to tell you about it, and share their memories of World War II. Why? Because families and friends who share memories grow closer, and their connection grows stronger. History comes alive in their stories, and we learn from it. And a strong family or neighborhood is ready for anything. Ask for the stories. And listen.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- December 7, 2013: It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
- December 6, 2013: Candles and window drapes don't mix
- December 5, 2013: It's cold! Are your family and neighbors warm enough?
- December 4, 2013: Blowing and drifting snow: the gift that keeps on giving
- December 3, 2013: What, snow in Maine in the winter?
- December 2, 2013: "It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter" but don't get stuck
- December 1, 2013: "The first of December was covered with snow"?
- November 30, 2013: Share your best preparedness tip
- November 29, 2013: Space blankets, the final frontier
- November 28, 2013: Be thankful, and be safe
- November 27, 2013: Turkey safety alert! Thaw safely. cook thoroughly, enjoy heartily
- November 26, 2013: Go over the river and through the woods -- safely
- November 25, 2013: Sometimes asking for help is a sign of strength
- November 24, 2013: Look carefully and signal before changing lanes
- November 23, 2013: Slow down and get there faster
- November 22, 2013: Make your holiday gift decisions easy: NOAA Weather Radios
- November 21, 2013: Help your first responders by helping yourself
- November 20, 2013: Sometimes your parents actually are right
- November 19, 2013: Remember agencies who help in emergencies
- November 18, 2013: When your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, know what to do
- November 17, 2013: Carbon monoxide alarms can save a life
- November 17, 2013: Carbon monoxide safety is important outside your home as well as inside
- November 16, 2013: Rain, rain and more rain ... no matter what the season
- November 16, 2013: Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless killer
- November 15, 2013: It takes all needs to make a plan
- November 14, 2013: Feed your car, avoid a freezing
- November 13, 2013: Listen to all that talk about the weather
- November 12, 2013: Help your pet with his emergency plan
- November 11, 2013: Today is Veterans Day: Keep faith by keeping safe
- November 10, 2013: Floods aren't just for springtime