Your plainest bracelet might be the most valuable
January 15, 2014
Make sure anyone in your family with medical conditions is wearing a bracelet or necklace indicating the condition.
In the event of a disaster, you may be separated from your loved one, who may not be able to inform medical personnel of any conditions or allergies to medications they may have.
- October 23, 2014: Turn on your winter brain
- October 22, 2014: It's cold and flu season; stock up on orange juice
- October 21, 2014: Flood watches mean watch for flooding
- October 20, 2014: Flooding can happen any time
- October 19, 2014: There is always something new to learn
- October 18, 2014: One plus one is more than two
- October 17, 2014: Construction Work Zones
- October 16, 2014: Get those leaves out of culverts, gutters and ditches
- October 15, 2014: When you build that first fire, build it safely
- October 14, 2014: Who is your local emergency manager?
- October 13, 2014: It's been a beautiful fall -- but winter's coming
- October 12, 2014: Planning starts with teamwork
- October 11, 2014: Help your school be ready for emergencies
- October 10, 2014: Find out about the emergency plan at your child's school
- October 9, 2014: Make sure your pets have their emergency kits handy
- October 8, 2014: Find out what kinds of emergencies could affect you
- October 7, 2014: Talk with Grandma and Grandpa about getting through "the big one"
- October 6, 2014: What's your best disaster tip?
- October 5, 2014: The best defense against disaster is a good insurance policy
- October 4, 2014: If it could fall, move it or tie it down
- October 3, 2014: If you're installing a wood stove, install safety with it
- October 2, 2014: Recovery from disaster shouldn't have to take a lifetime
- October 1, 2014: The leaves are turning: is your car ready for winter?
- September 30, 2014: Celebrate a beautiful fall day by enjoying it with your family
- September 29, 2014: Flood insurance might be your best investment
- September 28, 2014: What's invisible, odorless and can kill you?
- September 27, 2014: Listen to your kids when it comes to safety
- September 26, 2014: Hands off! To avoid colds or flu
- September 25, 2014: Be prepared for automobile emergencies
- September 24, 2014: Keep a copy of your personal address/phone book