> Tips > Love will help you weather the storm
Love will help you weather the storm
February 14, 2014
Make a point of helping everyone you love to feel special today. Why is this a preparedness tip? Research shows that family and community ties are what helps us most to weather the storm. And by the way, during any storm, staying home and close to loved ones is what we recommend. Watch the weather, stay off the roads if you can when it's stormy, and stay safe.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- March 6, 2014: Rainy days are good days to take stock of your emergency supplies
- March 5, 2014: Beware backache and heartache
- March 4, 2014: Have a generator? Maybe you only think so
- March 3, 2014: Snow on the roof means headaches are on the way
- March 2, 2014: Imagine the lights just went out ...
- March 1, 2014: Flood season begins today -- and every day
- February 28, 2014: Go ahead, take the day off
- February 27, 2014: I love it when a plan comes together
- February 26, 2014: Layer up for warmth
- February 25, 2014: Drive within your headlights
- February 24, 2014: Dress in layers for the latest in fashion safety
- February 23, 2014: Most of us don't drive the Daytona 500
- February 22, 2014: Keep your wood stove and furnace vents apart
- February 21, 2014: Keep fire safety in mind when using a wood stove or heater
- February 20, 2014: Safe snowmobiling is even more fun
- February 19, 2014: What special help can you give?
- February 18, 2014: The simplest emergency plan is a list of phone numbers
- February 17, 2014: Take care digging out
- February 16, 2014: Make safety and emergency planning your business
- February 15, 2014: Some things just don't get better with age
- February 14, 2014: Love will help you weather the storm
- February 13, 2014: Always use alternate heaters safely.
- February 12, 2014: Cold weather is hard on your heart
- February 11, 2014: In cold weather, eat and drink wisely
- February 10, 2014: Bundle up your house to conserve heat
- February 9, 2014: The power of two
- February 8, 2014: All of us are stronger than one of us
- February 7, 2014: When does taking care of yourself help your neighbors?
- February 6, 2014: Button up that overcoat when the wind blows free
- February 5, 2014: Stay right side up on ice and snow