Office of the Public Advocate Mission
The Public Advocate Office is committed to public service in representing Maine utility consumers in any matter that is covered by the authority of the Public Utilities Commission so that they have affordable, high quality utility services. We who work at the Public Advocate's Office seek to carry out this representation in a principled, diligent and compassionate manner.
- Senior Counsel - The Office of the Pubilc Advocate is seeking an experienced regulatory attorney for the position of Senior Counsel. Applications due by November 21, 2014
- State Energy Officials Encourage Business to Prepare for Winter and High Prices - (10/6/14) Nearly Unprecedented Regional Spike in Electricity this Winter
- Maine Office of Public Advocate Warns North American Power Customers to Get Off Variable Rates (9/23/14) - North American Power fixed rate contracts have expired, or will soon expire, and customers should act now to avoid paying hundres of dollars in excess electricity costs this winter.
- Lifeline Awareness Week (9/4/14) - Having problems paying your phone bill? Stay connected with telephone assistnce.
- OPA Consumer Alert (PDF) - Maine Office of the Public Advocate warns current and potential customers of competitive electricity suppliers to look out for fixed price contracts that renew at a variable rate.
- Ratewatcher (PDF)
- Electricity Supply Information
- Notice - Shopping for Electricity?
- View more news