The offices of the Maine Historic Preservation Commission are located in the c.1845 Capt. Isaac Gage House, 55 Capitol Street, Augusta. Our normal office hours are 8-5 Monday through Friday.
Our mailing address is: Maine Historic Preservation Commission, 55 Capitol Street, 65 State House Station, Augusta, Maine, 04333-0065, and the general office number is (207) 287-2132. You can also contact us by email.
Capt. Isaac Gage House, c.1845
Staff Directory and Program Areas
- Earle G. Shettleworth, Jr., Director and State Historic Preservation Officer, 287-2132
- Kirk F. Mohney, Assistant Director and Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer, grants, comprehensive planning, 287-3811
- Dr. Arthur Spiess, PhD., Senior Archaeologist, prehistoric archaeology, 287-2789
- William Burgess, Museum Tech. I, archaeological fieldwork and lab work, 287-5726
- John Leith Smith, Historic Preservationist, historic archaeology, 287-8304
- Mike D. Johnson, Historic Preservationist, Rehabilitation Tax Credit program, easements, technical information for masonry buildings, 287-2949
- Robin K. Reed, Historic Preservationist, project review, Certified Local Government program, 287-2992
- Christi Mitchell, Historic Preservationist, National Register of Historic Places program, architectural survey, technical information for wooden buildings, 287-1453
- John Mosher, Museum Tech. III, archaeological field work and archaeology lab supervisor, 287-5983
- Claudette Coyne, Secretary Associate, 287-2132
- Elizabeth Trautman, Museum Tech. III, GIS mapping specialist, archaeological records, 287-5983