#51 State House Station Augusta, ME 04333 | Phone: 207.624.6290 | Fax: 207.624.8729 | Maine Relay 711 | Visitor Information
Home →Guidance →
To download, click on the publication title. Items marked (*) available in Arabic, Samoli, Spanish, Creole and French located on the column to the right.
- After a Complaint of Discrimination Has Been Filed with the Maine Human Rights Commission a/k/a FAQ's*
- Learn about the Fair Housing Provisions of the Maine Human Rights Act *
- Housing Applicant Inquiry Guide*
Learn what inquiries are lawful and what inquiries are not lawful when applying for housing.
- Mediation Program
- "MHRA Guarantees" Poster *
Learn about the rights guaranteed by the Maine Human Rights Act.
- Non-residential facilities *
Comparison of 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design and the Maine Human Rights Act
- Pre-Employment Inquiry Guide
Employers: Learn what inquiries are lawful and what inquiries are not lawful when interviewing or evaluating a potential employee.
- Service Animals in Housing *
- Service Animals in Places of Public Accommodation
The “service animal” provisions for public accommodations under state and federal law are the same. Accordingly, the DOJ Revised Guidance on Service Animals, available online at http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.pdf, may be used for both (although miniature horses are only covered under federal law). “Service animals” are defined differently in housing, and the Commission’s separate guidance should be used in that context.
- Sexual Harassment Overview & Poster
Understand what sexual harrassment is and what to do if you believe you are being sexually harrassed at work.
- Unlawful Housing Harassment *
- What It Is! *
An overview of the Maine Human Rights Commission and the types of discrimination covered by the Maine Human Rights Act.
- Commission Counsel Memo's
Internal memoranda written by Commission Counsel offered as guidance
Hard copies and other formats may be requested by contacting our staff at (207) 624-6290.