This document draws upon a variety of sources which have been adapted to the needs of the Maine State Library. Among the sources consulted were:
- Boon, Belinda. The Crew Guidelines for Weeding Your Collection. Rev. ed. Austin: Texas State Library, 1995.
http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/pubs/crew/guidelines.html (Accessed Oct. 8, 2008).
- Challenged Materials: An Interpretation of the Library Bill of Rights. Chicago: American Library Association, July 26, 2006.
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/oif/statementspols/statementsif/interpretations/challengedmaterials.cfm (Accessed October 8, 2008).
- Freedom to Read Statement. Chicago: American Library Association, July 26, 2006.
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/oif/statementspols/ftrstatement/freedomreadstatement.cfm (Accessed Oct. 8, 2008).
- Hennepin County Library Materials Selection Section. Circulating Collection Development Manual. Minnetonka: Hennepin County Library, 1991.
- Library Bill of Rights. Chicago: American Library Association, June 30, 1996.
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/oif/statementspols/statementsif/librarybillrights.cfm (Accessed Oct. 8, 2008).
- Maine State Library Reader and Information Services Division. Selection Policy. Augusta: Maine State Library, 1986.
- Me. Rev. Stat. Ann. Title 27, Sec. 2 (Library Contents).
- Me. Rev. Stat. Ann. Title 27, Sec. 110, Sub-Sections 2, 12 (Area Reference and Resource Center, Research Center).
- Sara Hightower Regional Library. Collection Development Policy. Dev. Melanie Caldwell. Rome: Sara Hightower Regional Library, May 15, 1995.
http:// www.georgialibraries.org/lib/collection/shrl.pdf (Accessed: Oct. 1, 2008).