Southern Maine Library District Job Description, Board Members, and Committees
- Attend quarterly and annual Board Meetings, and semi-annual Council Meetings.
- Assist at District Council meetings (e.g., registration, facilitating small group sessions).
- Serve on SMLD committees as requested (e.g., nominating, public relations).
- Bring concerns of your constituency (school libraries, public libraries, special libraries, academic libraries, library trustees) to the attention of the Board.
- Share Board information with your constituency.
- Assist in planning workshops and meetings for your constituency.
- Attend workshops and meetings for your constituency.
Terms expire Spring Council meetings (noted in the parentheses)
- Jodi Breau, School Library Rep. (2016) 2nd Term, Mahoney Middle School, 240 Ocean Street, South Portland, ME 04106 (799-7386) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Silverman, School Library Rep. (2017) 1st Term. Scarborough High School (730-5067) email@example.com
- Kristi Bryant, Public Library Rep. (2015). Filling unexpired term. Wells Public Library (646-8181 ext. 205) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eizabeth (Beth) Dyer, Academic Library Rep. (2015) 1st Term. University of New England, Portland (221-4333) email@example.com
- Chip Schrader, Public Library Rep. (2017), 1st Term. Springvale Public Library (324-4624) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Kozaka, School Library Rep. (2016) 1st Term, Cape Elizabeth Middle School (799-8176) email@example.com
- Nick Noyes, Special Library Rep. (2016) 1st Term. Maine Historical Society Center, Portland (774-1822) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Sweet, Public Library Rep. (2017) 1st Term. D.A. Hurd Library, North Berwick (676-2215) email@example.com
- Bill Wood (Vice Chair), Trustee Rep. (2015) 1st Term, Harrison Public Library Trustees (595-2489 or 583-4540) firstname.lastname@example.org
Ex Officio Members
- Regional: Janet McKenney, Maine State Library, Augusta (287-5620 or 1-800-322-8899) email@example.com
- ARRC Center: Stephen Podgajny, Portland Public Library (871-1700 or 1-800-649-7696) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consultant: Deborah Clark, Southern Maine Library District (SMLD), Portland (871-1765 or 1-800-649-7696) email@example.com
- Maine Library Commission Delegate: Jeff Cabral, McArthur Public Library, Biddeford (284-4181) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair: Jodi Breau
- Vice Chair: Bill Wood
- Secretary/Treasurer: rotating position
Certificate of Appreciation: Jodi Breau, Mahoney Middle School; Amy Wells Denecker, Windham High School Library; Steve Podgajny, Portland Public Library
Cream of the Crop: Sheila Dube, Springvale Public Library; Lauren Isele, Scarborough Public Library; Sybil Shiland, Standish; Patty Temple, Long Island Community Library; Kris Zuidema, Edna Libby School, Standish; Nina Sachs, Walker Memorial Library, Westbrooke; Danielle Grady, Baxter Memorial Library, Gorham
Nominating: Jodi Breau, Mahoney Middle School; Amy Wells Denecker, Windham High School Library; Steve Podgajny, Portland Public Library
Public Relations: Inactive
Reading Round Up [statewide]: Sam Cote, Jackson Memorial Public Library, Tenants Harbor; Debbie Cleveland, Auburn Public Library; Patti Francis, Freeport Middle School; Meg Blakemore, Berwick Academy; Pam Goucher, Freeport; Dorothy Hall Riddle, Freeport; Lynn Howker, Monmouth Middle School; Liz McMahon, Messalonskee Middle School; Laurel Parker, Windham Public Library; Dawn Thistle, Vassalboro Public Library and Gardiner Public Library