Studio/Conference Room Use
These guidelines are designed to help users plan for the best experience possible regardless of whether you are scheduling the MSL Studio for a Video Conferencing, ITV, Satellite Downlink, Meeting or other event.
- Contact Cheryl Ramsay in the Library Development Office (207-287-5620) to schedule the Studio for all events. Cheryl will connect you with Alan Fecteau if the event being scheduled requires his assistance.
- Satellite downlinks require scheduling the actual downlink with Alan Fecteau.
- Video Conferencing events require additional scheduling of system elements and receiving sites.
- ITV and cable TV events are arranged by Alan Fecteau.
Note: The informal agreement among Video Conferencing sites is that requests for distant-site room use as receive sites (that is, all but MSL) will be scheduled TWO WEEKS ahead of the event at a minimum. Events can be scheduled on shorter notice, but we are trying to be respectful of everyone's busy schedule in requiring a two week lead time. Other Video Conferencing sites can only be booked if and when the site-coordinator (Alan Fecteau for MSL) approves the time and date for their specific location.
MSL’s Policy for After-hours and Weekend Events
- Requires the client to pay an MSL technician $30.00 per hour for all hours outside of the regular work day/week.
- A copy of this policy developed in 2001 is available upon request.
- Alan Fecteau does the after hours scheduling for the MSL Studio and Video Conferencing.
- Do you need a notebook for Internet use?
- Learning & Technology Services can provide a notebook that is ready for our systems, which is preferable to bringing your own.
- Please be sure to request the notebook when you schedule your event and plan to arrive early (at least a half-hour before the event) so that your software can be successfully loaded and tested with our system.
- State employees who access the Internet via the State of Maine Network are allowed to access the Internet on the State Network .
- Users who are not state employees can only be connected to the Internet via the MSLN network regardless of whether they are using our notebook or their own.
- The Studio supports wireless Internet connections but only to the MSLN network.
- Do you need equipment for your
- Let Alan knows when you arrive to set-up (half hour before event) that you will be using the projector so that he can assist with the set-up and provide instruction.
- Specify whether you are using the projector for notebook (data) or for video.
- Cancellation policy
- Please make every effort to contact Cheryl Ramsay (207-287-5620) in advance if you must cancel a scheduled event. If Cheryl is unavailable please ask for Alan Fecteau at 207-287-5620.
- There is no penalty for canceling an event. However, a pattern of chronic and repeated cancellation may result in refusal on our part to schedule future events
- Do you need to use the Video Conferencing equipment?
- Please follow the additional requirements as noted above .
- Equipment should be reserved ahead of time.
- Failure to reserve equipment prior to an event may result in either the equipment or personnel necessary for its operation being unavailable.
- All equipment should be checked out and returned through Alan Fecteau in Learning and Technology Services.
- Information Support Group is not responsible for Studio set-up or equipment scheduling and delivery except on an emergency basis if Alan Fecteau is unavailable.