Skip Maine state header navigation
Publications on analytical techniques
- 1995 Bourque, B. J. Impacts of Rising Sea Level on Prehistoric Human Occupation of the Central Maine Coast. Fieldguide to the 1995 New England Intercollegiate Geologic Conference, October 1995, Bowdoin College, Brunswick.
- 1994 Bourque, B. J. and H. W. Krueger. "Dietary Reconstruction from Human Bone Isotopes for Five New England Coastal Populations." In Sobolik, K.D., ed., pp. 195-209. Paleonutrition: The Diet and Health of Prehistoric Americans, Southern Illinois University Center for Archaeological Investigations.
- 1986 Belknap, D.F., D.C. Kellogg, B.J. Bourque, and S.L. Cox. "Paleogeographic Reconstructions at 3 Coastal Archaeological Sites in Maine from Seismic Profiling and Vibracoring." SEPM Annual Midyear Management Abstracts, vol. 3:8.
- 1984 Bourque, B.J., R. Doyle and S. White. "The Archaeological Distribution of Banded Spherulitic Rhyolite in Maine." Man in the Northeast, no. 28:111-120.
- 1980 Bourque, B.J., et al. "Conservation in Archaeology, Moving Toward Closer Cooperation." American Antiquity, vol. 45, no. 4:794-798.
- 1978 Bourque, B.J., K. Morris and A. Spiess, "Determining the Season of Death of Mammal Teeth from Archaeological Sites: A New Sectioning Technique." Science, vol. 199:530-531.
- 1975 "Comments on the Late Archaic Populations of Central Maine: The View from the Turner Farm." Arctic Anthropology, vol. 2, no. 2:35-45.
- 1973 "Aboriginal Settlement and Subsistence on the Maine Coast." Man in the Northeast, no. 4:3-20.
- 1971 Prehistory of the Central Maine Coast. Ph.D. dissertation for the Department of Anthropology, Harvard University. (Published in 1992 in a series edited by D.H. Thomas, D.H., Evolution of the North American Indians, New York, Garland Publishing, Inc.)
Papers on analytical techniques
- 1991 Bourque, Bruce J and Harold W. Krueger, "Dietary Reconstruction of Prehistoric Maritime Peoples of Northeastern North America: Faunal vs. Stable Isotope Approaches. Canadian Archaeological Association, Annual Meeting, St. John's, Newfoundland, 8-11 May.
- 1989 Bourque, B.J. and H.W. Krueger. "Dietary Assessment from Prehistoric Bone from the Central Maine Coast." First Joint Archaeological Congress, 5-9 January, 1990, Baltimore, MD.
Return to the Archaeology Page
Return to the Museum Home Page