Skip Maine state header navigation
Publications in ethnohistory
- 1994 Bourque, B. J. and R. H. Whitehead. "Trade and Alliances in the Contact Period." In E.W. Baker, E.A. Churchill, R.S. D'Abate, K. Jones, V.A. Konrad, and H.E. Prins, eds. American Beginnings: Exploration, Culture, and Cartography in the Land of Norumbega, pp.131-147. Lincoln, University of Nebraska Press.
- 1989 Bourque, B.J. "Ethnicity on the Maritime Peninsula: 1600-1759." Ethnohistory, vol. 36, no.3:257-284.
- 1987 Prins, H. and B.J. Bourque. "Norridgewock: Village Translocation on the New England - Acadian Frontier" Man in the Northeast, no. 33:137-158.
- 1985 Bourque, B.J. and R. H. Whitehead. "Tarrentines and the Introduction of European Trade Goods in the Gulf of Maine." Ethnohistory, vol. 34, no. 4:327-341. (Republished in American Beginnings: Exploration, Culture and Cartography in the Land of Norumbega, University of Nebraska Press, in press.)
Papers in ethnohistory
- 1998 Bourque, B. J. "The Wabanaki Confederacy: A Brief History" Paper read at the Algonquian Conference, Burlington, Massachusetts, 5-7 November
- 1993 Bourque, B. J. "Changing Ethnicity on the Maine - Acadian Frontier." Invited paper read at a Maine Historical Society symposium titled "Maine in the Eighteenth Century" funded by the Maine Humanities Council.
- 1990 Bourque, B. J. "Maine Indian Deeds: Their Uses and Misuses in Ethnohistoric Research." American Society for Ethnohistory, Annual Conference, Toronto, Ontario, 1-4 November.
- 1986 Bourque, B. J. "Trade and Alliance: The Gulf of Maine at the Contact Period Boundary." Invited paper read at the Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association, Washington D.C., November, 1985. (A modified version was read at the World Archaeological Conference, Southampton, England. 1-6 September, 1986.
Return to the Archaeology Page
Return to the Museum Home Page