Skip Maine state header navigation
A Publication Featuring The Information
Services Technology of Maine State Government
Central Directory (E-mail) Services Team Chartered
At its March 10 meeting, the Information Services Managers Group appointed a Central
Directory Services Team and charged them with:
- designing and documenting an architecture that will support enterprise e-mail functions,
- identifying issues and recommending actions to support migration from the present system
to a desired long range configuration, including estimating how long the current process
is likely to be needed.
The architecture must include documented mechanisms to:
- allow post offices to access a common (but possibly decentralized) global address list
to locate state employees;
- allow agencies to maintain addressing information for post offices under their control;
- allow e-mail from external sites to be delivered to State of Maine employees. State of
Maine internal structure should be masked (e.g. email@example.com should
continue to be valid should David leave his current department for another state agency);
- develop appropriate technical objectives, performance
measures, and schedules for deployment.
The team will start meeting in mid March and is planning to present its recommendations
to the Information Services Managers Group for review at its June 30 meeting.