PROCEDURE TO FILL VACANCY
The State of Maine now requires that all new hires must have a background check done with certain protocols being followed. View the memo. See below for procedure.
Procedure to Fill Vacancies
- When you need to fill a vacancy please
use the Exemption to Hiring
Freeze Request Form below. This must be filled out and sent back
to NRSC to be logged in. We will then send for approvalsl.
Dept. of Conservation Seasonal Vacancies please follow this link "Procedures to Fill DOC Seasonal Vacancies"
- Discuss with Thomas Cotnoir or Marie Miner the posting for the vacancy. Marie will handle Agriculture/Conservation and Marine Resources and Tom will handle Environmental Protection and Inland Fisheries & Wildlife.
- Procedure after Posting has closed for Direct Hire Procedure for Application Review and Hiring. For Competitive vacancies you will receive a list of names to interview instead of applications - Procedures for Application Review and Pre-hiring.
- After interviewing applicants and you have made your selection please use this procedure - Supervisor Responsibility for New Hire Selections – Instructions - Post interviews
Please use the attached forms for when you are filling vacancies.
The files below are posted in Adobe Acrobat Reader and Microsoft Word. Adobe Reader files require the free Adobe Reader software. Microsoft Word files require either Microsoft Word or the free Word Viewer software.
Filling Vacancy forms and procedures
- Background Policy - Implementation of HR Memorandum 8-06 (Word) (Implementation of Human Resource Components of Security Protocols)
- Exemption to Hiring Freeze Request Form (Word)
- Guideline - Procedure for application review and Hiring. (Word)
- Guideline - Supervisor Responsibility for New Hire Selections – Instructions - Post Interviews
Forms Needed Pre and Post Interviews and Selection
- Non-Select for Interview Letter (Word) - Sample letter for non selections for interviews - You must print this on your Dept. Letterhead and must be sent to all non-selections prior to interviews.
- Non-Select After Interview Letter (Word) - Sample letter for candidates not selected after the interviews - This must be printed on Dept. Letterhead. Background Reference Checklist (Word) - This checklist must be completed for the business reference check on the selected Candidate. The top portion is mandatory and bottom section is requested through reference as optional. Conditional Job Offer Letter (Word) - This letter must be sent as an official "Conditional Job Offer" - This must be printed on Dept. Letterhead.
- Confidentiality Statement (Word) - This Confidentiality Statement must by signed by the Supervisor and Candidate and must be returned to HR.
- Social Security Form SSA-1945 (PDF) - Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security.
November 15, 2013 9:33 AM