Skip Maine state header navigation
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: )
Bidwell & Company ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
This Agreement is entered into between the State of
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
1. At all relevant times, it has been unlawful in Maine for a person to act as a broker-dealer unless licensed or exempt from licensing under the Revised Maine Securities Act, Title 32 Maine Revised Statutes Annotated §10101 et seq.
Bidwell & Company
filed an application with the Securities Division for licensing as a
It is the
Securities Division's position that Bidwell &
Company has acted as a broker-dealer in
6. Bidwell & Company has represented to the Securities Division that the violations occurred because the firm failed to give this matter proper attention.
7. Both parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law, and without Bidwell & Company admitting or denying that its conduct violated the Revised Maine Securities Act, it is agreed that:
1. Bidwell & Company will comply with all licensing and other legal requirements governing persons acting as securities broker-dealers in the State of Maine at all times from the date hereof;
2. In lieu of the Securities Division seeking the imposition of a penalty for the allegations contained herein, Bidwell & Company will pay the sum of $3000 to the Securities Division upon Bidwell & Company's execution of this Agreement; and
3. The Securities Division will not take further action against Bidwell & Company, based upon its unlicensed status during the period preceding and including the date of execution of this Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that this paragraph applies only to those transactions previously disclosed to the Securities Division by Bidwell & Company.
Date Christine A. Bruenn
Date Julie A. Bussing
Vice President, Secretary