Skip Maine state header navigation
OFFICE OF SECURITIES
121 STATE HOUSE STATION
IN THE MATTER OF: ) CONSENT AGREEMENT
StoresOnline, Inc. )
AGREEMENT is entered into between the State of
WHEREAS, the parties agree as follows:
1. On June 24, 2003, the Securities Administrator
and StoresOnline, Inc., entered into a Consent Agreement, which, among other
things, prohibited StoresOnline, Inc., from selling, offering to sell,
advertising or undertaking any other action relating to the promotion of
services, products, equipment, supplies, goods or commodities in
2. The Office of
Securities has determined that StoresOnline, Inc., offered for sale and sold a
business opportunity in or about June and July 2003 to a
3. The Office of Securities has determined that StoresOnline, Inc., was not registered as a business opportunity seller when it offered and sold a business opportunity to the Freeport, Maine, consumer and therefore was not in compliance with the Regulations of the Sale of Business Opportunities, 32 M.R.S.A. §§ 4691 - 4700-B (1999 and Supp. 2002) (the “Regulations”).
4. The Office
of Securities has determined that StoresOnline, Inc., had not secured a bond or
escrow account as required by the Regulations, 32 M.R.S.A. § 4695 (1999) when
it offered and sold a business opportunity to the
5. The Office of Securities has determined that StoresOnline, Inc., did not provide the Freeport, Maine, consumer with the disclosure statement required by the Regulations, 32 M.R.S.A. § 4693 (1999).
6. It is the position of the Office of Securities that StoresOnline, Inc., breached paragraph 1 of the Consent Agreement dated June 24, 2003, by selling, offering to sell, or undertaking any other act in Maine relating to the promotion of products or services that were substantially similar to those sold by StoresOnline, Inc., in Maine in 2001 and 2002 without first registering pursuant to the Regulations and otherwise complying therewith.
7. StoresOnline, Inc. neither admits nor denies the above determinations.
8. All parties desire an expeditious resolution of this matter.
NOW THEREFORE, without trial or adjudication of any issue of fact or law and without any admission or finding that StoreOnline, Inc., has violated the Regulations or breached the Consent Agreement dated June 24, 2003, it is agreed that:
1. Within 30 days after execution of this Consent Agreement by StoresOnline, Inc., StoresOnline, Inc., shall fully refund all funds received from the Freeport, Maine, consumer, totaling $13,833.00, plus interest at the statutory prejudgment rate of 4.28% from February 1, 2004, to the date of this Consent Agreement, and shall provide the Office of Securities with written proof thereof.
of StoresOnline, Inc.’s obligations set forth in the Consent Agreement dated
Consent Agreement does not address compliance or non-compliance with the
Regulations or the Consent Agreement dated
September 14, 2004 /s/ Christine A. Bruenn
Date Christine A. Bruenn
September 8, 2004 /s/ Brandon Lewis
Date Brandon Lewis