The Maine Public Utilities Commission has recently informed Maine Revenue Service that the prepaid wireless fee will increase from 98 cents to $1.01 per retail transaction
Retailers should collect at the new rate on all retail transactions of prepaid wireless services occurring on or after January 1, 2015.
The prepaid wireless fee is reported on line 15A of the sales tax return.
- Application for Sales Tax Accounts ONLY (Sole Proprietors only--no employees) (PDF)
- Sales Tax Return
- Sales Tax Forms, Certificates & Affidavits
- Sales Tax Instructional Bulletins
- Sales Tax Rate Chart Effective 10/1/2013 [pdf]
- Sales Tax Reference Guide UPDATED 10/2014
- To purchase a hard copy bound Reference Guide, click here
- Exempt Organizations
- Sales Tax Telefile Information
- Sales Tax and Service Provider Tax Certificate Lookup
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements