about the archives
- Mail forms where specified to:
- 84 State House Station
- Fax forms where specificed to:
- (207) 287-6035
Records Management Forms
To download the Word documents on this page, right click on the hyperlink and choose "save as." This will put a copy of the form on your computer.
- Application for Records Retention Schedule (pdf version)
- This form should be typed (or completed on your screen after you download it), printed, and signed by your Departmental Records Officer or Agency Head. It will be retained permanently at the Maine State Archives, so a hard copy needs to be mailed with a signature.
- Records Series Inventory (pdf version)
- This form should be typed (or completed on your screen after you download it), printed, and signed by your Departmental Records Officer or Agency Head. It will be retained permanently at the Maine State Archives, so we do need the hard copy with signature. Complete a Records Series Inventory Form for each series you are submitting, and include samples of the records to be scheduled (photocopies are fine, and you may use a marker to black out personally identifiable information if the records are confidential). Several Record Series may be listed on the same Application for Records Retention Schedule. Mail completed form(s) with samples.
- Transmittal of Records (pdf version) and Transmittal of Records Continuation Sheet (pdf version)
- These forms may be typed, completed on your screen after downloading, or LEGIBLY hand printed. They require a Records Officer's signature unless it is being submitted by e-mail from a State address. If e-mailing, please submit to : Records Center
- Note: Requests will be filled in the order in which they are received. Please allow 2-4 weeks once transmittals are received for materials to be picked up.
- Transmittal of Records may also be used by the Courts.
- Packing List (pdf version)
- This form should be completed (as many pages as necessary) and enclosed in any box packed for transfer to the State Records Center or the Division of Archives Services. You should keep a copy for your own records, listing each file in the box. If you have questions about this, please contact Rob Caron.
- Records Management Expenditure Request (pdf version)
- Download and complete form, then email or send. It requires a Records Officer's signature unless it is being submitted by e-mail from a State address. If e-mailing, please submit to : Tammy Marks
- Request for Reference Service (pdf version)
- Download, complete and then e-mail to Records Center, or print out and fax.
- Records Officer/Cardholder Form
- Agency Records Officers may download, complete and e-mail or print and fax or mail the Application for Records Center Use Cards form. Requests not received from or signed by an authorized Records Officer will not be processed.