- Upon review of the schedules, if any State Agency feels amendments are in order, please follow the below procedures or contact Records Management.
- To make schedule corrections, download the Application for Records Retention Schedule. Mark the application "amendment" and give justification for change. If the description is also being amended, the Inventory form will need to be submitted.
- If a schedule is now obsolete, please use the Application for Records Retention Schedule, mark obsolete and give explanation.
- Changes to schedules can include retention, media or description changes, brought about by statutory changes, agency policy, scanning, new programs etc.
- If agencies/units have merged or no longer exist (or if new units/departments have been created), please contact Records Management so schedules can be revised/updated.
State Agency Schedules (July 2014)
Below are printable (PDF) listings of State Agency and other schedules. They will be updated on a quarterly basis. If you require the Schedules in a different format, please contact Records Management and they will be emailed to you.
These retention schedules apply to records regardless of their physical format. Therefore, records created or maintained in electronic format would also fall under these guidelines and must adhere to the minimum retention requirements of these schedules (For example: any schedules written for "correspondence" could pertain to either paper, email or other electronic documents.)
(90) Independent Agencies - Regulatory
- Animal Welfare Board
- Local Government Records Board
- Maine Health Care Finance Commission
- Maine Health Data Organization
- State Board of Education
- Workers Compensation Board
(92) Independent Agencies - Advisory
- Adv. Comm. on Fair Competition Private Enterprise
- Advisory Comm. on Radioactive Waste
- Archives Advisory Board
- Cancer Prevention & Control Advisory Committee
- Developmental Disabilities Council
- Health Policy Advisory Council
- Lobster Advisory Council
- Maine Commission on Mental Health
- Maine Committee on Aging
- Women, Commission for
- Workers Compensation Ins. Comm. to Study
(94)(95) Independent Agencies - Other
- Atlantic Salmon Commission
- Baxter State Park Authority
- Dirigo Health
- Finance Authority of Maine
- Gov. Ethics & Election Practices Comm.
- Historic Preservation
- Human Rights Commission
- Maine Arts Commission
- Maine Municipal Bond Bank
- Maine Sardine Council
- Maine Science & Technology Foundation
- Maine State Library
- Maine State Museum
- Maine State Retirement System
- Maine Waste Management Agency
- Me. Health & Higher Educ. Facilities
- State Board of Property Tax Review
- State Civil Service Appeals Board
(99) Independent Agencies - Not State
- Baxter Compensation Authority
- Community College System
- Maine State Housing Authority