Maine Constitution Essay & Poster Contest Rules
Project themes are determined by grade as follows:
- Grades K-3 - Poster Contest on Official Maine Symbols (state flag, stateseal,state bird, etc.)
- Grades 4-5 - Poster Contest on Maine History
- Grades 6-8 - Essay on the Maine Constitution
- Grades 9-12 - Essay on the importance of voting and democracy
- All posters may not exceed 15" x 24" in size.
- All essays may not exceed 2 double spaced typed 11" x 8½" pages or 3 hand written pages.
- Each poster or essay must be clearly marked with the student's name, grade, and the name of the school.
- All essays and posters will be judged on the following criteria:
Dedication to contest theme
Knowledge of topic
- Return of essays and posters cannot be guaranteed.
- Entries should be returned with the registration form. A separate registration form should be used for each grade level/category. Entry submissions are due March 6, 2015.
Office of the Secretary of State
148 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0148
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not email scanned posters.