FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 22, 2013
Contact: Barbara Redmond
Secretary of State Announces New Online UCC Search and Filing Service Now Available
AUGUSTA – Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap has announced that customers are now able to access the new and improved Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) online service, developed through a partnership between the Department and the Information Resource of Maine (InforME).
Enhancements to the filing service for all users include:
- the ability to upload a PDF document which becomes part of the official UCC filing;
- a free unofficial debtor search to find debtor name variations of active or lapsed filings (within 1 year past the lapsed date); and
- a new responsive design template that resizes the website to appropriately and automatically appear on any device; from tablets, to smart phones, to a traditional desktop or laptop.
For UCC filers with an InforME subscriber account, the service provides a search and filing manager that offers a number of new features including:
- the ability for users to "save and exit" allowing them to complete and submit their filing or search transaction at a later date/time;
- the ability for users to submit multiple searches or filings in one payment transaction (users are presented with multiple download buttons for each of the search reports or filing forms on a confirmation page);
- the ability to download the official PDF search report for all searches previously submitted for up to 60 days from the original transaction date; and
- the ability to download the official PDF filing form for all filings previously submitted for up to 60 days from the original transaction date.
The launch of the service coincides with the adoption of new UCC Administrative Rules effective on October 21, 2013.
The original UCC online service was launched in 2001, and nearly 3/4 of a million search and filing transactions have been processed; which includes 408,500 filings and 332,000 searches.
The Secretary of State's Division of Corporations, UCC & Commissions is available to answer questions regarding the new UCC online service and the administrative rules and can be reached at (207) 624-7752 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.