Forest Health and Monitoring
The Division of Forest Health & Monitoring was established in 1921 to protect the forest, shade and ornamental tree resources of the state from significant insect and disease damage and to provide pest management and damage prevention for homeowners, municipalities, and forest land owners and managers, thereby preserving the overall health of Maine's forest resources (video).
How Do I...
Some of the files below are PDF files which require the free Adobe Reader.
- FOREST HEALTH ALERT! Emerald Ash Borer and Regulated Ash December 13, 2013 (pdf)
- An Annotated Checklist of the Spiders (Arachnida: Araneae) of Mount Katahdin, Baxter State Park, Maine, USA by Daniel T. Jennings, Charles D. Dondale and James H. Redner (pdf)
- WINTER MOTH in Maine
- Emergency Order Restricting Transportation of Firewood Into the State of Maine
- Asian longhorned beetle spread in infested firewood in Ohio (pdf)
- Hemlock Woolly Adelgid New Detections
- Elongate hemlock scale detected in Coastal Maine.
- How to tell if you have found emerald ash borer and EAB related tree damage.