What is Waste Oil?
Definition: “Waste Oil” means a petroleum-based oil which, through use or handling, has become unsuitable for it’s original purpose due to the presence of impurities or loss of original properties. It must have sufficient liquid content to be free flowing. Examples are:
- Automotive crankcase and lubricating oils;
- Industrial lube oils including metal working oils, railroad and marine oils and turbine-lubricating oils;
- Industrial non-lube oils including hydraulic, transmission-quenching oils and non-PCB (less than 50 ppm) transformer oils;
- Oil recovered from oil tank cleaning operations and deballasting operations;
- Oil recovered from discharges to the land or waters