Air Permits, Licenses, Certifications
The Maine Department of Environmental Protection licenses air emission sources throughout the state. Licensing staff are available to answer licensing questions. Below is information on obtaining an air emission license and resources such as lists of currently licensed sources. For more information, contact Eric Kennedy (207)287-5412
Minor Sources and New Source Review (NSR) Applications & Guidance (Chapter 115 Sources) - Download license applications and guidance documents.
- List of Minor Source Licenses - View a list of minor source licenses (large page, be patient while loading).
Major Sources Applications & Guidance (Chapter 140 Sources/Title V) - Download license applications and guidance documents.
- List of Major Source Licenses - View a list of current major sources; download finalized Title V Licenses.
Download applications and guidance documents.
- NonMetallic Mineral Processing Plants (Rock Crushers) Chapter 149
- List of NonMetallic Mineral Processing Plants - View a list of current NonMetallic Mineral Processing Plants.
- Concrete Batch Plants Chapter 164
- List of Concrete Batch Plants - View a list of current Concrete Batch Plants
- Class IV-A Incinerators Chapter 165
- List of Class IV-A Incinerators - View a list of current Class IV-A Incinerators
Introducing DEP’s new Self-Assessment Compliance Tool to Determine Air Emission License/Regulation Applicability for Boat Building and Repair Production Activities.