- Related resources to automation information about library automation, including circulation/cataloging, integrated library management systems, open source solutions, retrospective conversion, and more.
- E-rate for Libraries
- All the E-rate information available in one spot. Help with forms, answers to questions, helpful resources Schools and e-rate
- eReader Information
- Geting Started, e-reader Comparisons, Loaning e-readers: Policies & Agreements; e-readers & Accessibility; e-reader handout to Word to customize
MSLN and Networkmaine
- MSLN - The Maine School and Library Network provides internet access, email, web hosting, and other internet related services to almost 1000 schools and libraries across the state of Maine.
- Networkmaine is a Unit of the University of Maine System providing the states Research & Education community with the access to high-bandwidth, low-latency connectivity that is crucial for todays high-technology research. Funding for libraries and schools MSLN connections is provided by the federal E-rate program and the Maine Telecommunications Education Access Fund (MTEAF). See requirements and more information about library and school MSLN/Networkmaine Participation.
- Sign up for MSLN's Twitter Feed for MSLN Network Status Updates: Get notified if the internet is experiencing problems or down.
- On-Site Support Technician for MSLN: On-Site Support Technician (former MSLN Circuit Rider) The On-Site Support Technician provides on-site assistance to resolve local technical problems. You must first contact the Help Desk at 1-888-FOR-MSLN (1-888-367-6756) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Video Conferencing
- Helpful information relating to Video Conferencing, workshops and consultations. Request Desktop Video Conferencing Account
- Educational Media
- Educational video library & services, digital video services, tape duplication and video-production, consultation, and technical support
- Techsoup offers discounts to libraries, charities and nonprofits on technology products and learning resources to help you make informed technology decisions.
- Idealware is a Portland based nonprofit that provides thoroughly researched, impartial and accessible resources about
software to help nonprofits make smart software decisions. Here are a few:
- A Few Good Email Newsletter Tools
- A Few Good Online Survey Tools
- A Few Good Online Conferencing Tools
- The Nonprofit Social Media Decision Guide
- The Nonprofit Social Media Policy Workbook
- What Every Nonprofit Should Know About Mobile
- There's an App For That: Mobile Users Requiring More and More Attention
- Consumers Guide to Donor Management Software
Request Desktop Video Conferencing Account - The videoconferencing software (Jabber) that lets you - via a computer, webcam & internet connection - meet face to face with Maine State Library staff and other librarians using the Jabber network!
Technology Petting Zoo - Devices available from MSL for libraries to borrow.
PCs for Maine public access computers: a program intended to supply libraries with low-cost, reliable computers
- Share your library story on how technology impacts your patrons